VEGETABLES TO INCLUDE:
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO ADD:
- Bay leaves
- Salt - use judiciously - you can always salt your final dish to taste
- Garlic - also use sparingly as to not overpower your vegetable stock
VEGETABLES TO EXCLUDE:
- Potatoes - or any other starchy vegetable. They can cause cloudiness in your broth
- Broccoli, cauliflower, etc. These cruciferous vegetables can overpower the flavor of your broth.
- Beets - not only is the flavor large can overpower your vegetable stock, but it can also change the color that may not be pleasing in your dishes.
- Garlic - use garlic, but be mindful that it can overpower your broth, so use it sparingly.
- Greens - turnip, kale, spinach, etc. Greens can turn bitter and ruin the flavor of your broth