THE PURPOSEFUL PANTRY RECOMMENDS…
These are my recommendations on products that I use or I know are the best on the market for the things we do all the time. I’ll share my affiliate links below, but nothing on this list is something I don’t use or wouldn’t recommend.
• Excalibur Dehydrator (usually around $200-250)
• Nesco FD-80 (under $80)
• Cabela’s 10-tray Dehydrator (usually around $150, but goes on sale for $99 often)
• Prepper’s Dehydrator Handbook (don’t let the name fool ya – it’s a good book)
• Cutting Gloves (if you use a mandoline – use this, even if you do use the cutting guard) I have a beefy hand and this pair works great for me (I ordered medium). But if you have a thinner hand or long fingers, this brand may work better for you.
• Salad Spinner (helps remove excess moisture after washing produce). I also use this collapsible salad spinner.
• Vacuum Sealer –
• Hand-Held Vacuum Sealer – requires the jar attachments, but lets you make quick jobs of vacuum sealing jars for everyday use.
• Presto Pressure Canner – also for use on glass top stoves
FREEZE DRYING TOOL
This company has a layaway program that you can put $250 down on a machine, pay as you can until half of the machine is paid for, then they’ll ship it to you make monthly payments until it’s paid off.
If you need a budget-friendly version of this list:
Amazon affiliate: I may receive a small commission on a purchase made through this link, at no cost to you. Prices subject to change.